Are you an alcoholic?
- Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
- Does your drinking make you careless of your family’s welfare?
- Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking affecting your reputation?
- Do you drink to escape from worries or trouble?
- Do you drink alone?
- Have you lost time from work due to drinking?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
- Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
- Is drinking jeopardising your job or business?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
- Are you in financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
- Do you turn to or seek an inferior environment when drinking?
- Do you crave a drink at a definitetime daily?
- Does drinking cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do you want a drink the next morning?
- Do you drink to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking?
- Has your doctor ever treated you for drinking?
- Have you ever been in hospital or prison because of drinking?
If you have answered Yes to anyone one of the questions, there is a definite warning you may be an alcoholic.If you have said Yes to any two, the chances are that you are an alcoholic.If you have answered yes to three or more, you are almost certainly an alcoholic.
The actual or potential alcoholic, with hardly an exception, will be absolutely unable to stop drinking using their will power. The fact is that most alcoholics, for reasons yet obscure, have lost the power of choice over drink. For those who are unable to drink moderately the question is how to stop, assuming you want to stop.
Should you wish to stop there is a solution. It is a fellowship in Alcoholics Anonymous. There you will find release from care, boredom and worry. Your imagination will be fired. Life will mean something at last. The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. This is what we find in the fellowship, and so will you. If having taken the Alcoholism Problem Quiz you want to stop drinking; why not give the AA programme a try? We did, and it works. If you want to stop drinking and quit alcohol, we suggest you either find a meeting, send an email, call our help line on 0800 9177 650, or use our Chat Now service